Reduce the impact of your Owners Corporation.
At The Knight we believe all Owners Corporations should be empowered to make more sustainable choices for their community.
Whether through retrofitting eco-friendly technology or simply educating and raising awareness among residents, reducing an Owners Corporation’s footprint not only benefits the environment, but it can save Owners money.
The main barrier to implementing these initiatives, however, is often the financial commitment to get them off the ground.
To support Owners Corporations in taking the next step, The Knight is offering grants to contribute to sustainability initiatives.
Benefits of a sustainable Owners Corporation:
- Reduced environmental footprint
- Reduced power & water bills
- Increased pride in the property
- Potential increase in demand and value of property
- Boost in community engagement due to common goal
Some initiatives your OC could implement:
- Energy / Water Usage Audit
- Solar panel installation
- Solar monitoring systems (to ensure panels are working correctly)
- Installation of electric vehicle charging stations
- Landscaping update to include low-water and drought resistant plants
- LED Lighting upgrades
- Establishment of communal gardens/bee farms/compost
- Installation of sensors for lights, car park fans/ventilation
- Establishment of resident swap for unwanted items (clothes/furniture/appliances etc) rather than disposal
- Owner and resident information sessions about in-home initiatives available
What makes for a successful application?
- The implementation process and benefits to the Owners Corporation will have been thoroughly considered
- All Owners and Residents have potential to benefit from the initiative, not just a select few
- Applications that demonstrate commitment from the Owners Corporation and property residents (i.e. petition) to continue or expand upon the initiative will be assessed favourably.
- Owners Corporations considering establishing a Sustainability Subcommittee to support future initiatives will be assessed favourably
- Applications which have the potential to bring residents together and encourage community buy in will be assessed favourably.
Terms & Conditions:
- The maximum amount of a grant is $1,000.
- Successful applicants will be asked to sign a funding agreement form. Funding will be provided after the implementation of the initiative, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- In some instances, applicants may be offered part funding for their initiative.
- A panel selected by The Knight will assess all applications and determine which ones are to be awarded grants.
- The application is required to be endorsed by the applicant’s Owners Corporation.
- By applying for a grant, you give The Knight permission to document the initiative for promotional purposes, this may include photography and filming as required.
Apply for a sustainability grant.